Yeah, I know, that post yesterday was drama, drama, drama. My apologies. Today I feel much better which makes me think it had more to do with hormones than actual life events. sigh...
I have these spurts of impulsive behavior. As I drove home from work yesterday I called my sister to get her advice on chopping my hair off. She reminded me that I cried the last time I did that (Thank you, Sarah!) and also that I was lamenting over the impulsive things I'd done in the last week, so I shouldn't add to the list. Sisters are good stuff. The funny thing is that when I first called she asked, "Alright, am I talking to Libby or Elizabeth?" When I replied "Libby" she immediately knew what advice to give me. Have I told you all about my alter ego, Libby? Well, she's the impulsive side of me that doesn't think before she acts. She's the one that steps on toes and barrels through situations. She's crazy, but I do love her because she's also what fuels my enthusiasm.
One of Libby's high moments was when she (its weird I'm talking about her in 3rd person like it isn't actually me, but I can't stop) convinced Sarah to get a straightening perm on her hair that was intended for African-American hair. We thought it would be the end to all her hair woes, but oh how mistaken we were! Yes, her hair was burnt and came out in chunks - it was a nightmare! I am so thankful I don't have a vindictive sister, because that stunts could have caused me lot more pain.
So, next time I call you with a "bright idea" that I've just come up with and am ready to act on - you have my permission to address me as "Libby."
2 comments:
can't believe there was no mention of Libby becoming a regular on a radio program when we were in high school....
this post cracked me up. i think we all have that "alter-ego" in us. praise the good Lord for sisters! you will never go wrong w/ there advice. :)
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...