6.24.2008

A Diva Exposed

Most of you know that I took today off since the past couple had been CRAZY and as I sat at the salon ready to get a body wave in my hair (!) my phone rang and it was CNN's Glenn Beck Show. All I could think (and mouthed to Meghann sitting next to me) was "I AM SO TIRED!"

After trying to get a coworker to go instead I rescheduled my hair appointment and rushed home to shower. In all the producer phone calls I finally just asked if they could send me a car. Last time they asked if I needed one, so I figure they could swing it and I was so tired the idea of driving to Brookline and back partly in rush-hour with a huge storm blowing through was not at all appealing. They worked it out and got me a car (Thank you, CNN!) but when Kristen called to say hi before I left she was shocked I had requested a car officially declaring me a diva! I was outraged (and laughing) at the accusation. I was tired! They offered last time, so I knew they could do it...

So, faithful blog readers, have I turned a corner on the track to divahood? I didn't make any more special requests, although when we got to the studio my throat was acting crazy and they asked if I wanted water or tea or something and I said tea and the lady made me cup... but she offered!

Oh man.

I didn't comment on my makeup and request a certain color, I didn't complain out loud other than to Meghann about how the studio was below zero degrees and my hands were turning to stone...

Oh boy... this entry is getting more and more diva-fied by the second.
I'm ending it here.
Am I diva?

7 comments:

Haley said...

You're allowed to be a little bit of a diva. heck, I would have requested a car, too. Who wants to drive when you need to collect your thoughts. :)

Just don't start requesting bottles of Evian that are chilled to 70.5 degrees. :)

Sarah said...

Hmmm. This is a hard one. Just kidding! I think you are only a diva if you request a car in a tone that says.."I'm important and I need you to know that I am important and then I need you to act accordingly...if you don't I will be mad because you will not be feeding my insecurity and need for love and acceptance." SOOO I think your good. I'm sure you said, Tea...please.:)

Leslie said...

DIVA??? Never!! :) But a girls gotta do what a girls got to do. You have been on national TV more than once in your life, NATIONAL TV...this is still so crazy to me!

Kari said...

You are not a diva, and actually, I'm sort of surprised that they didn't offer the car again after having offered it last time. Like Leslie, I am still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that you are becoming a sort of celebrity!! I think it is great that you are being asked to appear on all these Nationally televised shows and look so calm and collected every time! God never ceases to amaze me and he couldn't have picked a better gal to work through!

Kristen said...

thank god you have me in your life. you know how celebs are always talking about how their family keeps them 'grounded'. That is me, Liz, that is me!

I'm not saying you're Mariah/Jlo diva...yet. Probably more along the lines of, say Beyonce. I mean everyone still loves her, and she's so sweet, but you know she has some demands.

And I think that you've left out some crucial details, such as the fact that they hesitated and indicated it might be difficult/not possible to get said car and you REFUSED to back down and the fact that you also deman-er, asked for hair and make up.

Isn't it time for a contract to be written up for these folks? I mean, you are a newslebrity!

And really, people, Liz was born to be a diva, was she not? (Again, a nice diva, a really nice diva, but a diva nonetheless.)

Leslie said...

Kristen, I LOVED your post, hahahahaha! Newslebrity, so witty! Keep her grounded! :)

Biz said...

I feel the need to defend myself. I only asked if there was hair/makeup - I didn't ask them to provide it. That way I knew if I should do my makeup at home... you don't want me looking all crazy and "fresh faced" for the country, now do you!?
(I realize this may be seen as digging a deeper hole...)

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...