6.14.2008

My Brag Book

Have you seen these "brag books" that Grandmas typically carry around? It is a little flip book of pictures of all their little grandbabies and family members, so they can brag about them to friends.

Well this post is going to be a little "brag book" blog edition, but not of my grandkids (obviously) - rather it will be of a couple fun things I did this week that required me to use my talents. I have to say, there's not a lot I enjoy more than doing something I'm good at... actually I don't think there's anything I like doing more than something I'm good at.

So, here's a few:

Tuesday night we had a women's event at my house called Talented Tuesday. The ladies at my church take turns sharing a talent they have with others who want to attend. Mine was to teach them how to give themselves the perfect at-home pedicure! We had a lot of fun and all their toes looked more than ready for sandals!





Today was Elizabeth's birthday and I had the pleasure of making her birthday cakes! She requested something rich and chocolaty OR a carrot cake, so I made her one of each! The choc cake recipe is my Grandma's and the carrot cake came from my friend, Emily's, Mom. They were both YUMMY and everyone at the party loved them! It was really exciting because I've never made a cake from scratch and never done a layer cake. Now I'm looking forward to trying another fun recipe...

(below: a picture of the cakes and one of the birthday girl enjoying a little slice of each!)

Finally, for Elizabeth's party today I got to do her hair and makeup. Always fun for me, but I tried curling her hair and it turned out SO CUTE! Everyone was commenting on how beautiful she looked - and I, of course, agreed!


Happy birthday, Elizabeth Joy!

3 comments:

Jill said...

The cakes look amazing!!! YUM!!!

Leslie said...

The cakes look AWESOME, what a talent you have! You must get that from your mom as well!! The hair and makeup look great! Sounds like a great weekend. :)

ej said...

Dear friend, I had my last piece of cake for breakfast this morning. I can't believe how special and cared for you made me feel. Love you!

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...