8.21.2008

Inspiration from Friends

I am so thankful for the relationships I have in my life. I know so many incredible people and have been blessed deeply by their friendship, generosity and patience with me.

As life continues to be a series of seasons of transition I'm finding myself inspired by the attitudes and outlooks of those who have gone before me. Today I was reminded to laugh (I need that, SaySay!) at the awesome wonder that is God's will for my life.

The poem by Robert Frost I quoted on the top of my new layout is one that I have always loved.

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."

I think about those two roads and find myself wondering constantly which one to take. I ask my friends, my sisters, my Father, my pastors, my roommates, my God, my coworkers, myself... always searching for an answer that will satisfy my soul and bring me rest. The answer never comes because I keep forgetting that I've already chosen which road. The truth is I made that decision long ago when I decided to follow Jesus. I keep wracking my brain for direction and understanding of the journey and path I'm on... all the while I have the answer. I have the direction.

I'm following my Lord. I'm waiting and praying for wisdom to know where the path is leading next. There are no new answers to be given. Its no wonder I'm so frustrated! I keep asking the same question and expecting new and exciting answers.

My God loves me. He knows me better than I know myself. He has a plan to lead me and has a desire to see me sanctified as I follow. Lord, have mercy on my impatient heart. Give me the courage to laugh and remind me of the freedom I have to enjoy your creation.

3 comments:

Lindsay Lou said...

I absolutely love your new layout. Simple and sweet.
You have a heart of gold, and I am inspired time and time again by your blog. Keep writing from your heart! All my love, Linds

Leslie said...

I love the new layout as well. :) Love that poem and am so thankful for the amazing friendships in my life, yours being one of them! You are a wonderful friend and I'm blessed that you are in my life!!

Kristen said...

hooray for the passing of 'solitude'! very bright and cheery over here at 'breathe.leap.live.'

and you know you're bright and cheery. :)

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...