The Boston Harbor Islands

The weather was perfect again this weekend and as it slowly gets cooler I'm starting to panic that we're running out of good beach days. Before Rockport last weekend I had only been to the beach ONE TIME the entire summer. shameful. Now its been three. :) Saturday Meghann and I decided to do the beach, but we wanted a secluded (read: quiet) spot somewhere near the city. This is tough. Most of the nice beaches are about an hour north of us since most of Boston's shoreline is filled with big ships and workin' boats. We took the T downtown and hopped on a ferry that took us out to one of the islands where we were settled in our beach chairs by the water by 10:30am. Ah! Perfection! It was in the mid-80s here, sunny, and a little breezy - my favorite weather.
The weather was perfect again this weekend and as it slowly gets cooler I'm starting to panic that we're running out of good beach days. Before Rockport last weekend I had only been to the beach ONE TIME the entire summer. shameful. Now its been three. :) Saturday Meghann and I decided to do the beach, but we wanted a secluded (read: quiet) spot somewhere near the city. This is tough. Most of the nice beaches are about an hour north of us since most of Boston's shoreline is filled with big ships and workin' boats. We took the T downtown and hopped on a ferry that took us out to one of the islands where we were settled in our beach chairs by the water by 10:30am. Ah! Perfection! It was in the mid-80s here, sunny, and a little breezy - my favorite weather.
Meghann applied SPF30 at home before we left and I waited until we got to the beach to apply my SPF70 - laugh all you want, but when you've had six pre-cancerous moles removed (one being on your scalp) come talk to me about the silliness of high SPFs. Anyway, I put my iPod on shuffle and enjoyed the rocky beach of Lovells Island. I spent the 6 hours in the sun on Saturday reading, journaling, listening to music, praying, reflecting and enjoying the quiet company of Meghann.
Enjoy a few of my favorite pics of Meg from our day!
4 comments:
Man, what an amazing day. Seriously, there are so many times I just want to be you. :) Thank you for blogging about that, it actually calmed my nerves here at work! Meg has the prettiest hair...tell her I want it. Glad that you got yet another day at the beach!
spf 70? I don't even think Nate wears that kind of stuff? Where do you even buy it?
I've been friends with you long enough, however, to be semi proud that my boy is at least kind of pale-looking at the end of the summer, at least as pale looking his a guy with his skin can get.
Now, my pale legs on the other hand are not a source of pride...but that's another story.
The SPF70 is Neutrogena - I don't think its for kids. Since I ran out at the beach I just got a new one yesterday that is SPF85! :)
oh, you two...what a beautiful day, and beautiful pictures! the only thing missing from them is me!
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...