Five things I'm most looking forward to about the Fall:
1. TV! I am beyond ready to see summer tv come to an end. With the exception of the Olympics and Big Brother 10 there has been NOTHING on. The shows I can't wait to see: Grey's Anatomy, Chuck (a new fave - look for a blog about it soon!), The Office, Survivor: Gabon, and Brothers & Sisters. That's not to say these are the only shows I'll watch. :) Most likely these will also be consumed: Gossip Girl, The Hills, One Tree Hill, Greek, Private Practice, America's Next Top Model, and Kath and Kim (new). How, you ask, do I have time to watch all these? Three precious letters. D-V-R.
2. Sweaters & Jackets - I have a number of favorite jackets that I always get excited to wear in the fall. They're great because they don't have to have a coat over them, too. Winter coats cramp my style.
3. Apple Picking & Pumpplefest! Picking apples is a New England tradition and we've started doing it the weekend before our fall party, Pumpplefest: the celebration of the apple and the pumpkin. Mark your calendars, friends - Apples on Oct 18, Pumpplefest on Oct 25!
4. Slowing Down. Life seems to go 100 miles per hour in the summer here. When fall arrives people begin to slow down before the winter hibernation. We start drinking lots of hot tea with milk & sugar and spending time hanging out and watching movies.
5. The Colors. If you don't live here - come to New England in the fall! You will see colors on trees you never imagined existed in nature. Its spectacular and always makes me contemplate God has the ultimate master of art and beauty.
3 comments:
i love fall, too. Aside from tv, I think I most look forward to pumpkins. Pumpkin scented candles, pumpkin pie (I like to start my pumpkin pie season early...in fact, that sounds really good doesn't it? Maybe I'll make one today. It is September), pumpkin bread. It's all good.
And people--you should definitely watch CHUCK!
KP, there is this pumpkin ice cream at Baskin Robbins this time of year that is AMAZING. I love the pumpkin too.
And I just put Chuck in the Tivo.
I love fall too!!! I love that you have pumplefest!!! Hilarious! Okay, did you laugh when Jerry fell in the pool on BB??? :)
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...