10.23.2008

Unemployment Chronicles, Day 18

The fun is wearing off.

I have a to-do list that keeps taunting me and yet I can't seem to get but one thing checked off a day. How can this be possible when I'm not working?!

It is freezing here. Not technically, but close. The high yesterday was 47, today 49. Kristen called to tell me the high in Waco is 71 and those fools have their winter coats on! I haven't worn mine yet. (insert sick pride) We haven't turned on our heat, either. While we do feel kinda tough it isn't because we're being tough... its because we haven't gotten any oil. (on the to-do list from hell)

I'm headed to Dallas in 11 days an I can't wait! It has been on the down-low because I want to surprise Jake and the fewer people that know early on, the better. My family tends to "slip up" when they're supposed to keep secrets. :) But, this morning I emailed them the news, so now I can talk about it on here.

The trip was planned a couple months ago because my friend Kelly is headed to the Big D for her college reunion. Well, not just Kelly, but Kelly, Bob and their three daughters (18mo twins, 3yr big sister). This is their first big trip on an airplane, so I'm coming along as their helper and then I get a week with my family. Good stuff, huh?

Oh, don't you worry - there will be plenty of blogging and chronicling of this adventure. I'm sure it will provide ample blog material. :)

Alright, time to get off the couch!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Can't wait till you get here! Yay!

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...