10.06.2008

The Unemployment Chronicles

Day One

Woke Up: 9:30am
Breakfast: Cereal
......okay, it may be boring, but I'm going to spare you all the details about how I'm currently sitting on the couch in my green birdy pajama pants and Dad's old Dallas Cowboys tshirt while watching Martha Stewart and chatting with my best friend online.

I need to kick up the blogging a bit now that I've got nothing better to do. Actually, turns out I'll be working quite a bit this week. Tue-Thur-Fri I have all day babysitting already booked and Wed I'm helping a friend in the morning and then in the afternoon... drum roll... I have an interview! I'll share more when I know more.

The latest in career wondering is Life Coaching (click to read an article from CNN about it). Have you heard of it? Its pretty cool and something I do in lots of my relationships already. Tomorrow night I'm having dinner with a contact Meghann knows to learn more about the field- she's one of the founding members of the movement.

This weekend I watched the VP debate. I'm not going to share what I thought on here, but I did think the SNL skit about it was HILARIOUS and right on target. Politics make me itchy and nauseous. Last night I watched a sit down with Ralph Nader and just like the quiz I took in 2000 to see which candidate I should vote for said, I'm a fan, I think. I like that he doesn't play by the rules.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

so, life coaching sounds definitely like something you do already.

But it also sounds a lot like what you would be doing working in a salon, frankly. (unofficially) And the salon work seems to have more long term job security.

just sayin'.

I'm interested to hear what they ask you in your interview. . .

Kit said...

Liz,
I'm wearing my birdy pajamas too!
My aunt is a life coach and did most of her coaching over the phone. If you ever interested in talking with another contact, she is GREAT! Has a great perspective, lots of good info and advice. I'd love to put you in contact with her, if interetsed. She is not coaching now, as she and my cousin just wrote a book together.
Have a great week! We are off to Tejas!

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...