My favorite boy in the world, Jake Thomas, turns 10 years old today!Loving Jake in my twenties brought a fullness to my life that I had never known before. This little baby full of smiles and love melted away the walls we had worked so hard to build. As he began to walk and talk the laughter in our home was magnified - the joy deepened. I have a mental picture of this round little three year old looking up at me with his brow furrowed wondering what was going on and saying, "Wha Biz? Wha?"
He followed us around everywhere with running commentary on our activities asking, "What doin' Biz?" He started using the word 'actually' in every sentence. His words and thoughts cracked us up and humbled us. I remember once before he could spell I was asking Sarah if she wanted to go get a
shake, but I spelled out the word shake. Before I finished the word he jumped off the couch and yelled "I wanna saake, Biz!" He gave us a few words too - calling pb&j 'pooh-jelly' for years because 'peanut butter' was too long.Those years I spent living with them, helping Sarah raise Jake, are precious to me. It was a season of intense love, joy, sorrow and growth. I am so incredibly thankful for Jake's life. I thank God for rescuing our family in so many ways through the love we shared for this l
ittle boy. I'm thankful Sarah gave us room to help and to know Jake beyond the norm. I learned immense amounts about children, parents, love, family, God and myself.Most of all, though, I'm thankful for the boy Jake has become and the young man he will develop into. God has laid claim on Jake's life and revealed himself to this small boy in a powerful way. His young faith has fed mine numerous times. His honest and vulnerable perspective on God and life impacts those around him daily. God's faithfulness is displayed with great splendor in Jake Thomas.
Sometimes I miss that round little 3 year old. His cheeks were so kissable and his belly so soft and sweet. He laughed easily and loved without question. As Jake grows he is examining the world around him with fascination and hope. My prayer is that God's will be done in Jake's life and that he be continually drawn closer to his Heavenly Father who is the Great Provider, Comforter and Lover of Jake's soul.
Happy Birthday to my favorite boy! I love you always and forever. Love, Auntie BizFor Jake's 10th birthday I wanted to do something really special, so I made him this video card to tell him about his gift. I thought I'd share it with all of you, too!
special thanks to meghann! without you the video would have been very sad. :)
5 comments:
I couldn't have said it better myself! Makes me so emotional! This was amazing.. I just don't have words. How did I get so lucky to have such an amazing kid AND that he is loved so well?
Geez...I don't really know him and I'm tearing up over here. Great video! What a lucky guy! Happy Birthday Jake!
Ok, this video ROCKS! AHHH!!! I love it, so wonderful!! Jake has the best auntie's in the world!! Megan is pretty much the coolest roommate ever, and oh so talented with the video! You look awesome and I can't wait to SEE You!!!!
love this video. I wish that you had waited to tell me you were coming in town until you posted this video. :)
Also, my heart fills to bursting when I look at that second picture of jake in y'all's old house....I miss that house. And your mom. Somehow, Jake is full of your mom to me in that photo. Maybe it's just the place...I don't know...I love that old house!
Such a good video, Biz!!!! I know he will be so excited to see you!
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...