Yes, it is that time again when I unapologetically brag about the weather in Boston. It doesn't last for long, so please indulge me. The weather has been absolutely incredible. Sunny with a cool breeze - the perfect temperature. I wish I could bottle this up and breathe it in during the long winter months.
Like many folks, I love autumn, but autumn in New England is an experience all its own. The trees are already beginning to turn, apple picking trips are planned, and everyone is scrambling to be outside every possible second before the first hard chill.
I forgot how much I love sweatpants. They have got to be one of the most comfortable articles of clothing ever designed. Who thought up to treat cotton so that it was so plush, soft and warm? Some genius, that's who. I also love sweaters, lightweight jackets, Dansko clogs, boots, corduroy, and scarves.
Halloween is in a few weeks, and my favorite part is seeing some of the children I love in costumes. My Mom always dressed us up, and when the daycare kids were around we'd have a little party for them. Have you ever handed out candy on Halloween? It is so fun when you're in an area with lots of kids. It is one of the only times of year neighbors walk around and knock on each other's doors, say hello, make any kind of human connection. Whatever the origin of Halloween, I've come to really love it.
This year I've been invited to a grown up Halloween party. The last Halloween costume I dressed up in was when I was around 19/20, I think, and I was a she-devil. No kidding. Before that all I can remember is being Bam-bam for two years in a row because I loved the little leotard and tights I got to wear. I was also a black cat for a couple years for the same reason. I've always loved spandex.
I will spare my friends from the sight of me in a full spandex bodysuit this year, but I'm coming up dry on costume ideas. Any suggestions?
2 comments:
I think you'd make a good Michelle Obama. ;)
I think you should be some kind of historical figure like Cleopatra, Annie Oakley or Bonnie.. if only you could find someone who likes history to go with you and be.. Julius Caeser, Frank Butler or Clyde..
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...