9.08.2012

Disappointment is the spice of life.

Do you believe that? I mostly hate the thought of disappointment as anything other than the poison of life, but truth is it does spice things up, doesn't it? Well, if by "spice things up" I mean throw a wrench in all my well formed plans and daydreams.

How do you respond to disappointment?

I usually don't go down without a fight. I cry, beg, plead, stomp my feet, cry some more, act like I'm unaffected, stomp my feet some more, eat lots of junk food and don't workout and sometimes even retreat from doing things that are normally fun for me. Wow, that sounds absurd when I see it listed like that.

The lesson today - if I don't have a response to disappointment that involves me on my face before Jesus I will likely be disappointed for a very long time and most of my life.

You might say the only constant thing is change - for this girl who wants to be in control of her own life it isn't change, it's disappointment that keeps popping up around every corner. 

"Then you will know that I am the LORD;
   those who hope in me will not be disappointed.” - Isaiah 49:23




1 comment:

The Sherrill Family said...

Thanks for this encouraging post today. I am the same way. And it's been especially hard lately. I make plans, but God has other plans. Sometimes they're crushing, other times I adjust well. But His plans are always better - it's just a matter of giving up my disappointment and trusting him more.

xoxo

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...