11.25.2012

Life is a highway

I loved this song in high school... the original, "Life is a Highway." There's a link below in case you didn't know. The real question is - What the heck was I thinking I knew about life? Why is pop music so dang catchy?

Anyway.. I went to Dallas for Thanksgiving and it was SO nice to be home snuggling my newest nephew. It was a very restful weekend, actually. My sister and I had nothing to do, so we did a little shopping and went to bed early every night. (of course she was up during the night with previously mentioned little one)

The drive to Dallas and back wasn't so bad and I found myself recalling many long drives on Texas highways when I went to school in Arkansas. It was a short year, but I drove home MANY times. The thinking space on a Texas highway is infinite (well, except when some (insert explitive here) guy cuts you off and then has the nerve to flip you off!).

So here it is - my gratitude entry for this week. I'm thankful I can drive home to see my family, I'm thankful for space to think and I'm thankful for the sweet notes I received from friends 'back home' telling me how thankful they are for me. I'm hoping this will help temper the homesickness I'm feeling bubble up with vengeance.

Life is a Highway by Tom Cochrane
 Life's like a road that you travel on
When there's one day here and the next day goneSometimes you bend, sometimes you standSometimes you turn your back to the wind
There's a world outside every darkened doorWhere blues won't haunt you anymoreWhere the brave are free and lovers soarCome ride with me to the distant shore
We won't hesitate break down the garden gateThere's not much left today
Life is a highwayI want to ride it all night longIf you're going my wayI want to drive it all night long
Through all the cities and all these townsIt's in my blood and it's all aroundI love you now like I loved you thenThis is the road and these are the hands
From Mozambique to those Memphis nightsThe Khyber Pass to Vancouver's lightsKnock me down get back up againYou're in my blood I'm not a lonely man
There's no load I can't holdRoad so rough this I knowI'll be there when the light comes inTell 'em we're survivors
Life is a highwayI want to ride it all night longIf you're going my wayI want to drive it all night long
Life is a highwayI want to ride it all night longIf you're going my wayI want to drive it all night long
There was a distance between you and IA misunderstanding once but nowWe look it in the eye
There's no load, I can't holdRoad so rough this I knowI'll be there when the light comes inTell 'em we're survivors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3sMjm9Eloo&sns=em


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...