Every year I set resolutions and then I forget what they are by the beginning of Lent, so I give them up for Lent and then I forget during Lent and attempt to recommit for a fresh start to summer...
every.single.year.
Last year was full of uncertainty, unknowns, discontentment and heartache. The few highlights got me through it and I'm thankful!
- hosting my nephew, Jake, in Boston
- welcoming my newest nephew, Samuel, into the world
- a weekend with all my siblings and many cousins in the same town
- learning to sew
In 2013 I want to come to know more deeply and confidently the perfect peace and joy that is already mine in Christ. I want to be rooted instead of swept up in every gust of wind. I want my whole life to point to the God who saved me and continues to redeem and restore me regardless of my circumstances.
There's the kicker - my pesky circumstances.
Will I see my circumstances in 2013 as perfect provisions from the Lord instead of unfortunate areas of oversight? Will I ask Jesus to help me get through every workout? Will I rely on Him to provide me with the community and friendship I so desperately need in Houston? Will I praise God when he unfolds this part of my story? Lord, let it be so!
I hope your holidays were full of family and joy and I pray that in 2013 we each find out more what it means to live in freedom as sons and daughters of THE Most High King.
1 comment:
Oh boy, girl, I've been thinking a lot about and desiring to live in freedom so I'll take risks and enjoy the life God's given me more. Looking forward to seeing how He works in your life this year! :)
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...