2.03.2013

giving thanks for my dull life

I'm a few days shy of 3 months in Houston. 90 days. I watched Fall turn to Winter and oddly feel like Spring has arrived. This is the best time of year weather-wise, so I'm trying to bask in the cool, sunny days instead of panic at their impending doom. I'm thankful I didn't move here in the summer, that's for sure.

I haven't really adjusted at all to my life outside of work. Learning a new job and new people is intensely consuming and most days I'm lucky to still be awake at 9pm. The search for a church has been gut wrenching and heartbreaking. I don't want to be overly dramatic, but it's true - from what I can tell there is not a community reminiscent of CTK. I'm very homesick.

The good news is that I love my job - looooove my job! Every single day there are moments to give thanks and praise to God for this opportunity and equipping me to be a solid contributor and colleague. Isn't that incredible?! I'm soooo thankful for this work. I've been reading Keller's latest book on work and really appreciate his understanding of how God views work. I highly recommend the book for anyone!

My apologies for such a dull post. Truth is I'm lonely and bored most of the time and yet exhausted and unmotivated to really pound the pavement to begin building a new life here. I know it will come, but these are some long days in the meantime. If you pass by my blog and think of it - I'd appreciate your prayers.

xoxo

2 comments:

RDT said...

Praying here - from my dull life to yours :-) You are sorely missed.

Heather said...

Praying for you!

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...