2.21.2013

MA friends who live in TX

My bestest friend, Kristen, convinced me to move to Boston in 2006 and less than two years later packed up her family and moved back to Texas. I'm thankful she was in Boston because I don't think I would have taken such a huge risk if I didn't know there was family on the other side waiting to receive me. The little time we had together in the same city is cherished by us both. Now I'm a quick drive from her - in the same state again!

One of the best parts about (finally?) moving back to Texas at this particular moment in time is that several of my beloved friends moved here the same year! It all began with peeps in Houston - Clint & Lisa E. welcoming me to my new city followed by finally getting to meet Tim & Heidi L and reconnecting with Lindsay B.

The biggest shock at my church in Cambridge was when I learned that our assistant pastor and his family were moving to Texas after something like 15 years in New England to plant a church in Kerrville. We were all SO sad to see them go last June.. SO sad. I had NO idea that within a few months I would be a 3 hr drive away from them! See, God has not forgotten us.

Several weeks ago I went to visit them in Kerrville and everything about being with them felt like home. It will be on the regular rotation with Dallas and Waco. I thought I'd share a photo of me and my bestie and a few highlights of my Hill Country weekend escape. :) Ya'll should come visit, too!

Oh and if you like blogs, you'll love Kit's!














2 comments:

Heather said...

Love! And I love that sentence: "See, God has not forgotten us."

Hugs from Pittsburgh. :)

Melissa Martin said...

loving your blog, and faithfully following your journey. xo

Post a Comment

Lettuce talk about it...