I've lived in Houston for six months. Last weekend while driving I saw a billboard that said "HOUSTON - something or another," and spent at least ninety seconds telling myself the reason I saw that is because I LIVE in Houston. Houston, Texas. I live here.
Summer is upon us and I am not going down without a fight. A very loud, ornery fight.
I am going to list ten grumbles and ten gratitudes. Guess which list will be easier to write.
1. I hate humidity. And so does my hair.
2. Texas drivers rival Massholes.
3. My desk at work is directly under a vent and I'm sure it is still blowing heat.
4. Turns out I'm really not inclined to clean when nobody is around.
5. I wish more of my summer dresses fit.
6. Running errands in Houston makes me want to do all my shopping online.
7. roaches, spiders, ants, nasty little "love bugs" - watch your step and sleep with one eye open.
8. New friends here might as well live in Boston for how convenient and often we can manage to hang out.
9. Ever heard the saying, "kill 'em with polite cliches?"
10. Days filled with meetings and constantly shifting priorities make a young girl mad (as in crazy).
1. 80% of the year I can/should wear sandals = new shoes!
2. A sweet church community that is quickly embracing me.
3. My trainer, VallaceFord. Yes, I am the only person who calls him by his full name, but with a name like VallaceFord how could you go by anything else?
4. This summer I'm going to sew stuff because I'm going to stay inside a lot.
5. I've seen my family 4 times in 6 months.
6. My new car makes driving fun.
7. My new job makes travel possible.
8. I'm going to Turkey in September with a couple dear friends from Boston!
9. Being forced to get ready every morning is actually good for my mental health.
10. Several people are treating me like we're actually friends.
2 comments:
I really like both lists! I love you!
Love you, too!
Post a Comment
Lettuce talk about it...